PAYMENT SCHEME (CAPS)
Community / CAPS
Continence Aids Payment Scheme (CAPS)
The Continence Aids Payment Scheme (CAPS) is an Australian Government Scheme that provides a payment to assist eligible people who have permanent and severe incontinence to meet some of the cost of their continence products.
Who can apply for the scheme?
A person is eligible for CAPS if they are five years of age or older and have one of the following:
- Permanent and severe loss of bladder and/or bowel function caused by an eligible neurological condition.
- Permanent and severe loss of bladder and/or bowel function caused by another condition, provided the person has a Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card, whether as a primary cardholder or a dependant of a cardholder.
- Permanent and severe loss of bladder and/or bowel function caused by another condition, provided the person has a Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) Pensioner Concession Card, whether as a primary cardholder or a dependant of a cardholder.
What products can you access through CH2 under the CAPS Program
CH2 can provide you with a range of products to support you with your healthcare and continence needs including:
- Incontinence Pads, Briefs and Nappies
- Catheters, Sheath and Leg Bags
- Personal Care product – creams, wipes and washes
- Bed Protection – washable and disposable
- A product range of over 35,000 products are available to order now.
HOW MUCH IS THE PAYMENT AND HOW OFTEN WILL IT BE MADE?
CAPS clients will receive up to $623.80 (July 2020) which will be indexed annually. Applicants can choose one full payment in July, or two half payments in July and January each year.
During the application process, you can elect for the CAPs payment to be placed directly with CH2 and we will place these funds on your CH2 Direct account. Each time you order, we will deduct the value of the order from your CAPs funds available and provide you with a balance of ordering.